Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday

Today was a a typical start to a week. Getting up early and starting out very sleepy. MEgan came down about 6:30 to tell me her belly hurt and I of course began to worry that it might develop into something else with all that is going around. The good thing is she is all about her daddy when she is sick. That enabled me to head on to work. Keep in mind had she been sick, I would have stayed home. It is very common for Megan to complain about her stomach. It has slacked off some now that I am working more days, but still you never know. She has a great fear of throwing up and so anytime she feels the least bit sick it scares her.

Needless to say about 10:30 I got a call from my mom telling me that she had indeed gotten sick. I tried to get everything done and head home. I knew she was in great hands though.
I was thinking today though how I do worry about my kids... I want them to feel well, not hurt or be scared. The thought came to me that our Lord must feel the same way if not even more about us. He hates it when we are hurting or bothered by some big task. If only we would go to him and settle into his presence like our little ones come to us for care. The verse that comes to my mind is one that says, "Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest".

Luckily I feel she is better. She and Peter both are now laying very quietly in their beds preparing to go to sleep. SUCH PEACE!! I love the sound of their little breath as they sleep.

For now I hope everyone has a great night. Remember the one who will give you rest when you are troubled. He loves it when we run to Him! Goodnight.

No comments: