Monday, April 28, 2008

Are we better yet!!!!

For the past week now we have been so sick at our house. It all started out last Monday with Megan and her high Fever and Peter with mucky yucky eyes and nose. By Wednesday we were at the Dr's office getting heavy antibiotic treatment. The fever continued and continued and well is still around but by Saturday night we were at children's with both children. After 72 hours of antibiotics Peter still had his croup and Megan had a fever of 105.0. I was at my wits end and so we went in. After chest x-rays and sinus x-rays, blood work and breathing treatments. We had a new antibiotic for Megan and Peter was a little better but not great. Yesterday I told Caleb we HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! We get get out last night and I think it did them both some good. We went to get a burger and I think they enjoyed the change of scenery. They are both still so pitiful. Today I am at work and Caleb has the kiddos and from what I hear they are surviving. I am trying to get them well so that we can focus on this baby that will be here very soon. Caleb and I have managed to stay well for the most part and hopefully we will get the kids better this week. I must admit though even though I have been a little stir crazy, I will cherish the sweet time that I have had with them. Peter and Megan have been so sick and needy and I am so glad I have been able to be there for them. Lots of hugs and sweet cuddles have come my way lately. I know that life will be getting busier soon and as my skin was crawling to get out the house I just took a deep breath and settled into knowing that I was were I needed to be and that I would always cherish that down time with them. There is nothing like family and there is nothing like the feeling of being there for them when they needed me the most.

No comments: