Sunday, March 16, 2008

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

Saturday started out busy as usual. I went to the Women's Expo to see Caleb and his group do a demo on Womens self defense. It was great, I loved going to the expo ( I have not gotten to go in a while) and I enjoyed being able to support Caleb. I had Peter with me, while Megan got to go to her Grandmommy's to dye Easter Eggs and make cookies. Peter was great and Megan had fun too. As soon as we arrived home, Caleb got home too. It was nice because he cery rarely is home when we are. We had a very low key night and enjoyed being together.

Today is Sunday and we arose to a beautiful day. We decided that today was the day we were going to lay our floors in the living room. Caleb is going to have a down week with no co-ops so we thought it would be a great week. Needless to say Caleb is almost done, he had about 5 more boards to lay and the floor looks great. I am so sore from helping I can barely move, but it is a great "tired" feeling. The kids helped where they could and now they are tucked tightly into bed. We missed our, what has been our Sunday night ritual, with the Durham's of getting together and playing cards,but atleast we have the floor done and now it is just time to put everything back into its place. I think had I taken Caleb away from his job, it might have never gotten finished.

Before I close for the night, I was thinking how wonderful it is to see your Children begin to understand things about the Bible. Last night we were watching a movie and there was a bad guy in it and Megan asked Caleb what it meant to be a bad guy. Caleb explained in a very childlike way and she turned to him and said. " Pappa when you are a bad guy your heart is black with sin, but if you asked Jesus to come into your heart it will be white as snow." I was shocked!!! I could not believe how much she is really had been listening to me as I talked to her and read her stories. More than that, This Easter season I have seen her soak up more and more of God's truth so much that I heard her tell her doll today that Jesus died on a cross. I know it might not be completly understood as it should be, but I do see how important it is for me to not give up but to continue teaching her even when I think her little mind is so far away.

I look foward to this Easter week!!!! Spring is here ( I hope)

No comments: